As New York Hospitality Group continues to grow, we look for individuals who share our commitment to excellence, our passion for hospitality, and our love of people. If you seek a great working environment with talented professionals contact us about current job openings.
Catering Sales Manager
The primary focus of the Off Premise Sales Manager is to sell and produce events and ensure meticulous execution of each event. A significant amount of time will be dedicated to proactive selling to the Westchester market segment. This individual will work closely with the Off Premise team to meet the varying demands of the business. It is expected that the Sales Manager will attend events and manage as needed.
- 2+ years Sales or Event Planning experience.
- Prior Hospitality Experience preferred
- Must have experience in entrepreneurial and corporate business environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Able to work flexible work schedule in order to accommodate business levels.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop working knowledge of all existing sales and event production procedures, including but not limited to:
- Staffing guidelines
- Menu presentation
- Vendors/ Rentals
- Develop plan to introduce nyhg to all contacts and to actively pursue new business.
- Handle initial inquiries by assessing client needs and give preliminary information and price quotes.
- Create and customize menus based upon each client’s individual needs and wishes.
- Finalize menus and prepare Event Orders for distribution to kitchen and other departments.
- Prepare rental orders and coordinate pick up, delivery and payment.
- Prepare detailed write up of events.
- Finalize all staffing needs and party details.
- Responsible for daily sales and status report as well as deposits and contracts.
- Event Coordination to include timing of events, assisting Captain(s) with staff assignments, meeting with staff when necessary, acting as liaison with client, kitchen, staff and vendors.
- Create proposals which are comprised of 4 major areas: menu, beverage, staff and equipment rental. May also refer appropriate venues and auxiliary services as needed.
- Participate and conduct client meetings/ sales calls and follow up.
- Conduct tastings as needed.
- Prepare follow up correspondence with clients as necessary.
- Implement sales strategies and follow through process of initial phone/email inquiries for effective sales and closure to inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the DOS or any member of the Executive Management team.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- Follow proper time keeping policies and procedures
- Know and follow all NYHG emergency and safety procedures.
To Submit: 1. Press button | 2. Attach cover letter and resume | 3 . Subject line: Catering Sales Manager
NYHG is always looking for talented individuals with previous industry experience to fill any of the following positions in a full-time or part-time capacity.
If any of these fit you please apply today.
To Submit: 1. Press button | 2. Attach cover letter and resume | 3 . Subject line: Job Title, i.e: Waitstaff, Bartender...